7 Pillars of a Good Wife
1) The Patient: The woman who remains patient in all circumstances, and never whines, moans and complains. When some trouble or affliction hits her, she turns to Allah for help.
2) The Protector: The woman who protects her husband’s wealth & her chastity when he is away from home. When he returns , she does not burden him with the day’s problems, but listens attentively to his needs and does her best to take his tiredness away.
3) The Lover: The women who adores her husband, beautifies herself for him & craves for his children to the extent that whenever her husband glances at her, duaa pours for her from the bottom of his heart.
4) The Good Do-er: The women who has an excellent reputation in society – for being kind, caring & courteous. She is good with her neighbours & relatives & never backbites or displays jealousy.
5) The Content: The women who never casts her eyes at material things and is content with whatever little her husband gives her. She is thankful to him for every morsel that he feeds her, every clothe that he gifts her, including the roof over her head. She makes her gratefulness known to him in words & action and thus, soothes her husband’s heart.
6) The Pious: The women who spends much of her day in dhikr, reading the Quran & Salaah and her nights in praying tahajjud & crying to Allah for forgiveness. She encourages her husband to give daw’ah in his spare time.
7) The Sweet Smiler: The woman who smiles excessively, especially when her husband is at home. She always talks gently that it seems that pearls are dripping from her mouth. She never raises her voice while talking to her husband. If her husband is angry with her for some reason & shouts at her, she does not answer him back but maintains a dignified silence. When he has calmed down , she offers him cool water & apologizes to him even if she wasn’t at fault.
May Allah bless the Muslim women with these characteristics, and bless the men with wives like this.